I am certain that most people agree that it is not easy to be a parent.
May be we should not set too high expectations for the kids.
May be and just may be – we should adopt a trial and error approach on the kids.
We want the best for them. At the same time, what is best may not be what they want. May be being a parent needs to move ahead with time.
I believe in pragmatic parenting which entails
- Let them gradually discover who they are – their strengths / weaknesses (instead of prescribing one fit path for them)
- Accelerate their learning / integration towards the adult contemporary world
- Do not compare with other kids
- Continuous feedback loop and improvisation approach in addressing their weaknesses
- Be part of their journey – understand their angle and position
- Give them space and time
- Discipline in form of incentive